The Summer 2017 issue of Pennsylvania Heritage magazine is available! This summer, enjoy the featured articles
- “Representing Pennsylvania’s ‘Precious History’: Art of the State 50” by The State Museum of Pennsylvania curator Amy Hammond,
- “Tough and Determined: Pioneering Newspaper Editor Rebecca F. Gross” by Don Sarvey, and
- “Philadelphia’s Forgotten Inventor: The Untold Story of Rudolph M. Hunter” by David D. Hursh.
Other great articles, sharing the collections of the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission include:
- “Jackie Ormes: African American Woman Cartoonist” by Karen Galle,
- “Herb Pennock: Baseball Hall of Famer and World War I Vet” by archivist Richard C. Saylor,
- “Mount Gretna’s Spirit Lives On” by Bridget McQuate,
- “Lackawanna Mills and Scranton Button Historic District” by David Maher,
- “Artful Trails” by Amy Killpatrick Fox,
- “The Oshnock Archaeology Collection” by Sean Adkins,
- “Sowing the Seeds of Victory at Polk” by Joshua Stahlman, and
- “Joseph Plavcan’s Wild Rice” by Kyle R. Weaver.
By becoming a Heritage-level member, you can have Pennsylvania Heritage delivered to your doorstep four times a year. Become a member now to receive the Fall 2017 issue in the mail!