Pennsylvania Heritage Foundation
Preserving the Commonwealth’s Memory
Founded in 1983 as the Friends of the PHMC, the Pennsylvania Heritage Foundation is the nonprofit partner of the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC), the state’s official history agency.
With the support of over 2,000 members from every corner of the Commonwealth and beyond, the Pennsylvania Heritage Foundation works with the PHMC on a variety of projects to preserve and interpret Pennsylvania’s history, art, and culture, including:
- Co-publish Pennsylvania Heritage®, an award-winning quarterly magazine;
- Provide access to PHMC and Commonwealth publications
- With the assistance of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, coordinated the efforts to create an exhibit recognizing the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s 75th anniversary in 2015;
- Hosted the 50th anniversary gala celebrating The State Museum and Archives Complex;
- Preservation and conservation of documents and materials at the Pennsylvania State Archives, including the Civil War Muster Out Rolls; maps, films, and other special media in the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission’s records; and processing of numerous other collections to make them available to citizens and researchers.
The Pennsylvania Heritage Foundation (PHF) supports the work of the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission in protecting the treasures and memories of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Through philanthropic support, PHF ensures protection and access to the historic sites, artifacts, and archives that span history.